To help ensure that you have an enjoyable online experience, we want you to understand what information we collect about you, how we collect it, how it is used and shared. We know that you value your personal information and we take your privacy very seriously. La Demure is committed to using your information responsibly. This policy applies to information we collect through distribution stores, from your website visits and otherwise.
3. Collection of Information
We collect various types of information about you. Such information may include:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
- Your credit card, debit card, or any gift information
- Proof of your identity
- Your billing address
- Your product preferences
- Your demographic information
- Similar information to that above, about a friend or family member to whom you send a gift
- We collect information about you in several different ways. First you provide us with information when you use our website and order goods. Second, we collect information automatically by using certain technical tracking and monitoring techniques. Third, certain information is obtained from other sources including our vendor partners.
Information you provide to us
Information you provide to us is obtained by your:
- Registering to create an online account
- Opting in to receive emails from us
- Placing an order in the online store or by telephone
- Seeking employment opportunities
- Raising a billing or order issue
- Participating in awards programs, when they are in place from time to time
- Participating in gift certificate programs
- Filling out a customer information card
- Communicating with a customer service representative
- Enrolling in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions
- Joining social sites
- Information collected automatically
There is certain information that we obtain from different technical tracking and monitoring tools that we and most online retailers use. Log information: When you log in to use our website, we collect information from your browser (i.e., information about your operating system, internet service providers, IP address, time and duration of visits, screen resolutions, GPS locations for mobile devices) and access the pages you have visited. This allows us to make recommendations to you, know what pages are of interest to you, etc. Transaction information: We also collect information about all purchase and return transactions including the customers name, product details and the location of the purchase or return. Tracking Technologies: Finally, tracking technologies including but not limited to cookies and web beacons (also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs) are used to help us understand your buying patterns and to better serve you. As a customer you can choose whether or not to allow your browser to accept cookies.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources.
4. Use of Information
La Demure uses your information:
- To provide you with an enhanced customer shopping experience both in our stores and online
- To process and fulfill orders you place
- To process returns
- To make you aware of special events and promotions
- To communicate with you
- To improve our website design, products, and services
- For administrative and internal business purposes such as marketing research, customer relations management, and analysis
- To understand your shopping preferences and purchasing behavior to customize offers for you
5. Sharing of Information
We may share your information:
- With third party service providers who need access to such information in order to perform services, including analytics, and carry out functions on our behalf. If disclosure is required by law or based on a good faith believe that it is required by law
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of La Demure
- In connection with any merger, consolidation, sale, acquisition, corporate reorganization or other corporate change
- With your consent or at your request
6. Advertising and Analytics Services
Please be aware that it is common for unauthorized individuals to engage in identity theft and attempt to secure sensitive information from customers. This scam designed to steal your personal information is commonly referred to as "Phishing". If you receive an email or other correspondence that appears to be from us requesting that you provide any sensitive information including your account username and password or credit/ debit card information, please do not do so. We may need additional order information from time to time and, if so, we may want to verify billing related information to avoid a fraudulent purchase. If this is needed, we will send an email requesting that a customer call us to provide the information, but we will not ask the customer to provide sensitive information via email.
8. Linked Sites
La Demure takes reasonable measures to protect you and your personal information, which is disclosed to us in the course of our business relationship. These measures include steps to prevent theft, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure of your information.
10. Children and Privacy
La Demure is concerned about the use of Internet by children. La Demure does not knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior parental consent when legally required. Any child under the age of 13 who has registered without parental consent will be removed. We also do not sell products for purchase by children. Furthermore, if you are not 18 years or older, you are not authorized to use this Website. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s online usage. Parents have the option to block children from using certain sites and we encourage parents to explore this option where it will safeguard their children.
11. Accessing our Website from Outside the U.S.
13. Contact Us
Last Updated: April, 2016