In the previous post we covered what you should and shouldn’t wear if you have an hourglass body type. Today we are going to discuss the pear body type. As you remember, pear shaped body is the most common among women. Hips are usually a lot wider than shoulders. In other words, the hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement. To confirm your body type, use this calculator.
If you are a pear, the widest part of your body is below your waist, around your hips. With this body shape it is better to wear clothes that obscure your bottom and draw attention to your top. You want to show your curves while keeping the propositions in line. Jennifer Lopez, Shakira and Rihanna are great examples of this body shape.
You should wear:
- Bold tops with prints or pockets (highlights your upper body)
- Lighter colors on top and darker colors on bottom (makes your body look more proportionate)
- V-Necks and horizontal necklines (makes your shoulders visually wider)
- Scarfs (accentuates your upper body)
- Jewelry (draws attention to your top)
- Anything that accentuates your top
You shouldn’t wear:
- Belts on your hips (makes hips look wider)
- Pleated skirts (makes your bottom look bigger)
- Baggy or wide leg pants (it accentuates your bottom and you want to avoid it)
- Prints on your bottom
- Anything that accentuates your bottom
I hope this helped beautiful Pears. Please feel free to ask a question or leave a comment.
Next week we are going to discuss inverted triangles, but for now remember this: even if you are feeling plain, when you are dressed in the right fabulous outfit, you try to live up to it subconsciously. Dress and feel fabulous not matter what!
Until next week!